This January we have something to celebrate at Oakville Veterinary Surgery! Sarah has been at the surgery for 10 years and because of this we are launching the Best Friends Club – our new preventative healthcare programme for pets.
We know your pets are part of the family and you want the best for them, keeping them happy and healthy, so they can enjoy a long and comfortable life – and that’s where the Best Friends Club at Oakville Vets can help!
The aim of this exciting new programme is to provide your pets with the very best preventative healthcare, to keep them fit, healthy and parasite free. The club is designed to adapt to your pet’s needs at each stage of their life, so you can have peace of mind whether your pet is a puppy or kitten, an adult, or in their senior years. The Best Friends Club is not just for dogs and cats; you can also sign up to our rabbit plan, helping to keep your long eared friends healthy too.
To take the worry out of budgeting, we have made the best friends club manageable by allowing you to spread the cost of payments throughout the year, in monthly instalments.
The Best Friends Club is not a pet insurance plan, but an affordable health scheme for pets, which includes regular treatments such as:
- Annual vaccinations –
Included vaccinations for cats are flu, enteritis and feline leukaemia.
Included vaccinations for dogs are distemper, parvovirus, infectious canine hepatitis and leptospirosis.
Included vaccinations for rabbits are myxomatosis and VHD (viral haemorrhagic disease).
- Flea treatment – modern central heating means fleas can thrive all year.
- Worming (including lungworm prevention in dogs) and treatment for other parasites, such as ticks.
- Twice yearly health checks and advice – early diagnosis of any potential health issues are so important.
These alone are not normally covered by insurance, and the Best Friends Club has even more benefits with discounts on…
- Consultations – getting to really know your pet and your family.
- Preventative dental care – even pets that are 3-4 years old can get dental disease!
- Routine neutering – reducing the risk of fighting, territory marking and some diseases, as well as removing the life-threatening condition pyometra (infected uterus) in bitches. Of course neutering also prevents unwanted puppies and kittens.
- Senior health screen blood testing – that are analysed in our own practice laboratory, so results are available quickly.
There are even discounts on food and additional vaccinations (such as kennel cough and rabies), so you really can save money, while helping your pets keep in good health.
We believe all the products we have chosen for the Best Friends Club will provide your pet with the best cover, as, at Oakville Veterinary Surgery, we will not compromise when it comes to your pet’s health!
For more information on the Best Friends Club, please speak to one of our staff who will be happy to help you and answer any questions you may have.